This is the blog for the public seminars for the School of Arts and Communication (K3) at Malmö University. K3 consists of several disciplines, including Communication for Development, English Studies, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Media and Communication Studies, Product Design, and Visual Communication, which make it helpful to share a platform aiming at generating discussions across these various practices. The seminars are opportunities for both K3-based researchers and external guests to present and discuss their works.
The K3 seminar with visiting PhD student Luka Zhang Lei, scheduled for November 27, will be held at 13.15-15.00 instead of 10.15-12.00. Same location: K3 Studio. Same title: “The specter of workers”: The (im)possibilities of working-class literature from Asia.
- Two seminars next week: Sarah Fox and Robert Appelbaum
- Sara Gottschalk and Juliana Restrepo: Presentation of PhD projects on Sustainable living and Relational home-making
- Florencia Enghel: Prime-time protest? Screening the news coverage of transnational women’s protests in global TV networks (2017-2019).
- Therese Hellberg: Den villkorade gemenskapen: folkhem, kön och nationell identitet i svensk litteratur 1940-1955
- Maria Hellström Reimer, Erin Cory, and Per Möller: Translocality and translocal subjectivities. A research overview across the fields of migration-, culture- and urban studies
- Anne-Marie Hansen: Designing for relations between people beyond technology supported interaction
- Veera Virmasalo: Practices of framing middle class civic ideals in Namibia. How to be a good privileged citizen in a deeply unequal society
- Roel Roscam Abbing: Social Media Platforms. Hugo Boothby: The Politics of Listening
- Joshka Wessels: Why we need more empathy. Syrian video activism, immersive cinematic VR and emotional intelligence.