This is the blog for the public seminars for the School of Arts and Communication (K3) at Malmö University. K3 consists of several disciplines, including Communication for Development, English Studies, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Media and Communication Studies, Product Design, and Visual Communication, which make it helpful to share a platform aiming at generating discussions across these various practices. The seminars are opportunities for both K3-based researchers and external guests to present and discuss their works.
Welcome to a K3 seminar with Vittorio Felci, researcher, K3.
The title of the seminar is A temporal study of social cohesion and resilience to tackle the consequences of climate and environmental change in urban Khartoum – Resilience in Urban Sudan (RUS).
This will be an online seminar, carried out through Zoom, and it will take place on Wednesday, May 27 at 10.15-12.00. Please join here: https://mau-se.zoom.us/j/562185668
Below is an abstract for the talk.
This research is an integral part of a K3-hosted interdisciplinary project aiming to tackle the social consequences of climate change and promote sustainable development in urban Sudan. It investigates social cohesion and resilience vis-à-vis environmental challenges in Tuti, an island located at the confluence of the Blue and White Nile in the capital of Sudan, Khartoum. To what extent are memories of key environmental events present in specific groups in Tuti, and how do these memories contribute to social cohesion and resilience? Oral history is the primary methodological choice for this research and it targets the intersection between people´s life histories and the environment surrounding them. The rationale behind this study is that the past, in the form of memories and traditions, can be mobilized to forge present and future strategies to tackle environmental challenges.
- Lars Hulgård: Social Innovation and Public Policy
- Maliheh Ghajargar: Human- Machine Learning Interaction Design. Challenges and Opportunities
- Jakob Svensson: Wizards of the Web. A journey into tech culture, the logics of programming and mathemagics
- Tindra Thor’s K3 seminar available for watching
- What is K3 research?
- Tindra Thor: Urban disruptions – On the political, spatial and artistic potentials of street art and graffiti
- New seminar: Lars Hulgård on social innovation May 20
- Joshka Wessel’s seminar available for watching
- Revised seminar schedule spring 2020