This is the blog for the public seminars for the School of Arts and Communication (K3) at Malmö University. K3 consists of several disciplines, including Communication for Development, English Studies, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Media and Communication Studies, Product Design, and Visual Communication, which make it helpful to share a platform aiming at generating discussions across these various practices. The seminars are opportunities for both K3-based researchers and external guests to present and discuss their works.
Theme: What kind of theoretical and practical issues characterize research in collaboration with partners outside the university? How can learn from each other about how to tackle these issues?
Speakers: Anna Seravalli and Joakim Nördqvist
Place: K3 studio
Time: Nov 30, 14.15-60
Note, the meeting invite is for 14.00 as the room is booked, but the seminar will start 14.15.
K3 has long-standing experience in doing research in collaboration with partners outside the university. However, there are a few occasions where we can discuss these experiences and learn together from them.
As the current responsible for collaborations at K3 (samverkanskoordinator), I would like to initiate a permanent forum (one seminar each term) where we can talk and learn from each other about methodological and practical concerns of working across different worlds.
This seminar will start with two inspirational presentations by me and Joakim Nördqvist, a civil servant at the environmental department of the city of Malmö and a boundary crosser at ISU. Out of our different positions, we will reflect on our different experiences at the intersection between the university and the municipality. We will then move on to a workshop format where we will discuss, map, and identify together questions that are important for us at K3 and that we can work on in the upcoming seminars.
This will be a hands-on workshop discussion with insights and experiences to guide us. The workshop is on campus only, at K3 studio!
- Visiting PhD student seminar: Design-driven conflicts: A system approach toward mindset and paradigm shift
- K3 research seminar with Comics Hub: Processing death and grief in graphic novels
- What is wrong with this application?!
- K3 research seminar with visiting PhD student Rosie Priest
- K3 seminar with visiting PhD student: Young People, Music, and Algorithms: the relation between young audiences and music streaming platforms
- The seminar is cancelled today: The Aesthetics of Reality Media Experiences: K3& Data Society research seminar
- Another year, anothe research application
- Sara Gottschalk: Designing Strong Sustainable Living Environments – Participation in Collaborative Processes for Sustainable Urban Transitions
- Marika Hedemyr: Mixed Reality in Public Space: Expanding Composition Practices Across Choreography and Interaction Design