This is the blog for the public seminars for the School of Arts and Communication (K3) at Malmö University. K3 consists of several disciplines, including Communication for Development, English Studies, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Media and Communication Studies, Product Design, and Visual Communication, which make it helpful to share a platform aiming at generating discussions across these various practices. The seminars are opportunities for both K3-based researchers and external guests to present and discuss their works.
Welcome to a K3 seminar with Åsa Harvard Maare, Senior Lecturer in Visual Communication, K3 and Charlotte Asbjørn Sörensen, Lecturer in Product Design, K3.
The title of their talk is:
Experiential, embodied and practice-oriented learning: perspectives on teaching and learning at K3.
The talk will take place on Wednesday, May 22, at 10.15-12.00 in The K3 Open Studio, NIC 0541, Niagara.
Below you will find an abstract for the talk:
We will approach the pedagogy of K3 from our different pedagogical perspectives, with the aim to visualize the pedagogical landscapes at K3 and establish a joint language. Central concepts are practice-based research, experiential learning, peer learning, production-oriented learning, skilled learners, embodiment and collaboration.
Åsa Harvard Maare: Conceptualizing students’ contributions to the learning process (20 min presentation)
Charlotte Asbjørn Sörensen: Applying theoretical perspectives in a design process: pedagogical challenges (20 min presentation)
All: Discussion. How can we facilitate exchange between programs, teachers and students at K3? Are there research opportunities that could strengthen and develop the multi-faceted pedagogies used at K3?
- Jens Pedersen: Cultivating desire and absence in design ethnography
- K3 seminar with Johan Farkas, scheduled for May 22, moved to August 27
- Maliheh Ghajargar: A journey from (Industrial) design to (Interaction) design… and vice versa
- Jakob Svensson: Behind the News-Ranking Algorithm. Actors, conflicts and logics when implementing algorithmic automation
- Dario Salvo: Hacking for good. Mobile health, assistive technologies and the environment
- Seminar with Charlotte Sörensen is postponed
- Seminar with Susan Kozel postponed to the fall
- Solveig Daugaard: Media ecologies of literature in a digital age. Affective interfaces and alternative infrastructures
- Li Jönsson: Socioecological Design / experimentations