This is the blog for the public seminars for the School of Arts and Communication (K3) at Malmö University. K3 consists of several disciplines, including Communication for Development, English Studies, Graphic Design, Interaction Design, Media and Communication Studies, Product Design, and Visual Communication, which make it helpful to share a platform aiming at generating discussions across these various practices. The seminars are opportunities for both K3-based researchers and external guests to present and discuss their works.
When on September 7, we discussed how to do research with no external funding, then this is a seminar invite to those who plan to join the funding race (again). We will discuss the funders’ cycles, share some ideas and discuss how we can best support each other. Pille will lead a discussion with a focus on the upcoming application season and on building resilient strategies for writing research applications. We will also be joined by Daniel Holmberg from the Grants Office, who will point out some resources available on Canvas for everyone planning to apply for funding.
Everyone is welcome, even if plans for applying for funding are yet very vague and abstract!
The seminar is hybrid: K3 studio or https://mau-se.zoom.us/j/62522949096
- Sara Gottschalk: Designing Strong Sustainable Living Environments – Participation in Collaborative Processes for Sustainable Urban Transitions
- Marika Hedemyr: Mixed Reality in Public Space: Expanding Composition Practices Across Choreography and Interaction Design
- Sara Gottschalk K3 seminar moved to June 23
- Berndt Clavier and Jakob Dittmar: Defining “Graphic Novels” with the Help of “the Novel” – Reflecting on Emerging and Established Literary Forms.
- Per Möller’s seminar, scheduled for May 25, is moved to the fall.
- Juliana Restrepo Giraldo: Stories and Design Recipes to Wonder, Care and Prioritize Relational Homemaking
- Åsa Harvard Maare: Graphic Guides – For Research Dissemination
- Therese Hellberg: Vanära, fattigdom och dubbelarbete: Om kvinnors platser och värde i folkhemmet i romaner och kåserier 1940–1955
- Alicia Smedberg: The Labour of Infrastructuring