Om du aldrig har bloggat förut och känner dig osäker, läs gärna nedan tips på hur du med enkla medel kan skapa riktigt bra bloggposter. Tänk på att det är dina upplevelser som är det viktiga och du väljer själv vad du vill dela med dig av. Upplev – reflektera – blogga – diskutera!
- Choosing a Topic – take some time defining the topic of your post (what are you going to write about?)
- Title of your post – perhaps the most crucial part of actually getting readers to start reading your post. Create an interesting and inspiring title! The aim is to draw your reader to the post/topic.
- The Opening Line – first impressions matter. Once you’ve got someone past your post’s title your opening line draws him or her deeper into your post.
- Your ‘point/s’ – a post needs to have a point. If the post doesn’t matters to your reader, it won’t get interaction. Only one or two points per post (if you have more to share, make a new post).
- Call to Action – good posts drive readers to do something (to comment, go on a student exchange, visit a website etc)
- Adding Depth – before publishing your post – ask yourself how you could add depth to it and make it even more useful and memorable to readers? (photo, links etc)
- Quality Control and Polishing of Posts – small mistakes can be barriers to engagement for readers. Spending time fixing spelling mistakes (the blog has spell check) makes a post ‘look’ good.
- Post Promotion– don’t just leave it to chance that your post will be read by people. Let your friends and family know that you have written a post (share it on Facebook for example).
- Conversation – often the real action happens once your post is published and is being interacted with by readers and other bloggers. Taking time to dialogue can be very fruitful. Be sure to log in often and check if your post has received any comments. Also comment on the other students’ posts!
- Photos/images – publish photos on as many posts as you can, it makes the blog more interesting and the readers can visualise your experiences easier. (Maximum photo size is 1 MB. Reduce the size of photos using your computer’s software or via online tools such as Picasa or Flickr)
- Links – add links from your post as much as possible. If you’re talking about an event, a course or something else that you can link to – add a link in order for people to read more about the topic.
Please blog about anything happening in your life, both academic and personal. You decide how personal you want to be, but the blog will be more interesting and fun if you also show the readers a bit about your life and personality. The MFS has its ups and downs…great highs, but sometimes loneliness and homesickness. This is your space to share these experiences!