Time is ticking and now I have just realised and accepted the fact that we are all getting older and so I started thinking about things to do before I leave this young city with its vividness. The list is ENDLESS, but I would like to share some few points of my ‘to do’-list for the last weeks in Melbourne:
- After a long coffee (and Swedish fika) rehab, Melbourne made me become a cafenatic again. No chance to get around a long black, short black, latte, flat white, the Cap, Long Mac and/or Short Mac! Starting a day with coffee sounds good. Is good. So, my mission is to try as many cafés as possible – in CBD, Brunswick, Fitzroy, Northcote, etc.
- Then, getting on a bike, cycling through the city with a helmet (yeah, here it’s obligatory…) and handle the situation of me riding on the LEFT side. Fingers crossed. Getting around by bike would be the icing on the cake of fully making me feel home.
- The bike tour will be followed by an art gallery marathon – from Aboriginal to contemporary art in public and independent spaces.
- Don’t call me crazy, but going for a swim at Brighton Beach or Port Melbourne (St Kilda beach would do in a pinch), just to feel a bit of summer breeze again…
- The day ends with a very touristy attraction – the Eureka Skydeck 88, the highest public vantage point in the Southern Hemisphere – with a fancy cocktail (or just another coffee!) and all my lovely peeps while having a reminiscent and nostalgic, but especially magnificent, view over Melbourne.
- [to be continued]
You can’t imagine how much more is on my list, so I better use the time I’ve got left and start ticking off.